My New Years Resolutions
I am a believer in creating and sticking to new years resolutions! New Years brings a lot of time for reflection and a chance to think about what you are grateful for. I also think about what I could do this next year to be a better version of myself. I think New Years Resolutions can be very broad or they can be very personal and narrow. Whatever you prefer I think you should write some down. I kept my New Years Resolutions I made last Christmas and put them up on my fridge… most of them fitness and health related but I also wanted to be a good mother, talk to friends and family more, and travel more (which I knew would all be difficult with a new baby). I went beyond my fitness goals I set for myself and I think I successfully accomplished the other three.
2017 was the greatest and most challenging year of my entire life… and I am sure there will be better and more challenging years in the future. I learned so much about myself and what I am capable of. I think it is easy to lose sight of the bigger picture and creating something for yourself to become a better person is helpful to get through tough times.
Here is my resolutions I created for 2018:
- Become a better runner... this includes running daily and training to complete races. I hope to work up to a half marathon this year.
- Declutter… this can apply to anything! Items around my house, my computer, my closet, and even people.
- Have FUN... I want to explore, travel, make the bad times good, and make life more fun. Planning a fun life does not have to be expensive nor does it always have to be planned. Ultimately this resolution leads to overall happiness and a positive attitude towards every day things.
- Become a Wife… this one is obvious as our wedding date is set BUT to me this means to construct wedding vows and follow through with them every. day. I want to be a better woman, to my soon-to-be husband and our son.
- Eat to LIVE… I have always had a fairly decent diet because it is already who I am. The new year does not mean it has to be a “new you” I just want to embrace who I already am and look to foods to fuel my body and make me feel good.
What are some of your New Year Resolutions?!