If you aren’t seeing the fitness or weight loss goals you desire you most likely have one major issue: you are grocery shopping completely wrong. From the moment you walk into the store you are either setting yourself up for success or failure. “Healthy” eating can still be fun and taste delicious! It’s all about how you prepare the food and choosing items that you genuinely like and keep you full. Here is a list of MY Top 10 Favorite Healthy foods to eat as a snack or for lunch while I am out and about! There are so many other options so get creative and find stuff you love to eat.
*The key to having these foods around is to cook them for dinner…I roast a lot of veggies and use leftover meat for my meals the next day. This will make your life so much easier, and cheaper*
- Grilled Chicken or Ground Turkey
- Straight up, grilled chicken and ground turkey are my favorite because they have tons of protein and are lower in calories when it comes to meats. You can eat it plain or throw it on a whole wheat tortilla and call it good.
- Protein Bars
- These are my go-to. My favorite are nature valley peanut butter chocolate protein bars. I also recently tried RX bars and they are definitely different but very simple ingredients and a simple snack.
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- We have these minimum 2-3 times a week. They are a great alternative for the french fry lover (like me) and are still good heated up (and covered in ketchup). I like to make them with garlic seasoning but you can also make it a dessert and season with cinnamon. We roast a lot more than just sweet potatoes (Squash, broccoli, cauliflower) but sweet potato is the favorite.
- Haven’t heard this one before huh? Salads don’t have to be difficult to make. I just got THIS and I can easily prepare my salad in one bowl with all my utensils for lunch on the go.
- Peanut Butter
- Boy how I love peanut butter. But be careful, calories add up quick! I use PB2 in my smoothies and a natural peanut butter for the occasional spoonful 🙂
- Easy fruits
- Obviously the most convenient and healthy snack would be an apple or banana. Spruce them up with peanut butter or a glass of chocolate almond milk!
- Greek Yogurt
- You should ALWAYS have a couple of these in your fridge. They are good to put in smoothies or a quick snack on the go!
- Saragento Light Cheese Sticks
- love these things, easiest snack or lunch side ever. Who doesn’t love cheese?!
- Yummmmmm. I know some of you freeze your grapes and call it candy? Yeah right, unless it tastes like a sour patch kid, it’s not candy. Grapes can still be a sweet snack though!
- When is the last time you had a peach?? It’s been a while for me but this fruit is juicy and so low in calorie. Next time you are at the store grab some peaches because they make a delicious snack!